At the eXpats Service Centre, companies able to obtain valid relevant passes for their Foreign Knowledge Workers (FKW). Apart from MSC Status companies, eXpats able to cater to fully operational companies utilising ICT Company as their core business activity.
In general, companies will go through three (3) pre-application processes prior to applying for the relevant FKW passes.
The ICT company required to register their company details and submit relevant documentation at: https://www.expats.com.my.
Prior to subscription to the eXpats services, the ICT company required to fulfil the following eligibility criteria and conditions:
- A company incorporated in Malaysia.
- The Company’s nature of business should be ICT-related and the business is required to be active, not dormant
- The Company should have their own individual office premises
- The minimum paid-up capital for a Private Limited Company/ Public Listed Company is as per table below.
Equity Minimum Capital 100% Locally Owned RM250,000 Local and Foreign Owned RM350,000 100% Foreign Owned RM500,000
*Under The Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-Operatives And Consumerism (KPDNKK) the following business activities are not allowed or encouraged to apply for expatriate posts:
1. Computer retail business including computer accessories
INFOTECH: Development and provision of digital information and platform technologies such as application software, hardware design and business platforms
GLOBAL BUSINESS SERVICES (GBS): Provision of services utilizing digital technologies including Global Business Services, Centers of Excellence and software development services
CREATIVE CONTENT TECHNOLOGY: Delivery of content utilizing digital technologies including movie and games animation, business information, digital platform content and business research
Once the eXpats Service Centre has received the completed application, it will take 1 month to assess and verify the registration request. This includes validating the company’s profile against the business activities in e-SSM, a site visit to the office premises, and an interview with the company’s senior management (if applicable).
If the documentation is incomplete or further clarification is required, the assessment process may take longer.
Upon successful registration, companies will be sent a registration email to initiate the following in the system:
- To nominate an authorized person on behalf of the company
- Generate, print, and upload a signed copy of the Expatriate Service Agreement
- Generate, print, and upload a signed copy of an Authorized Person Letter (APL)
4.0 Application of Foreign Knowledge Workers (FKW) Quota
The definition of “knowledge worker” is an individual who holds one or more of the following criteria:
- Holds a tertiary qualification from an institution of higher learning (in any field); or
- Holds a diploma in multimedia/ICT or another specialised ICT certification plus at least 2 years’ relevant experience in multimedia/ICT or an equivalent field; or
- Has held a professional, executive, management or technical work position in information technology (“IT”) enabled services (e.g. IT / IS Professionals, Finance / Accounting, Business Administration)
- Salary: a MINIMUM monthly salary of RM3,000.00
- Industry / Sector: Applicant working with companies in ICT sector only.
5.0 Applicable Passes for FKW Entrance into Malaysia
- Employment Pass
- Dependant Pass
- Social Visit Pass (Long Term)
This Guide includes information obtained or derived from a variety of publicly available sources. Neutral Consulting PLT has not sought to establish the reliability of these sources or verified such information. All such information is provided “as is” and Neutral Consulting PLT does not give any representation or warranty of any kind (whether expressed or implied) about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of this publication. This publication is for general guidance only and shall not be construed as professional advice. Accordingly, it is not intended to form the basis of any decision and you are advised to seek specific professional advice on any transaction or matter that may be affected by this publication before making any decision or taking actions.