BioNexus is a special status awarded to qualified international and Malaysian biotechnology companies. The status bestows fiscal incentives, grants and other guarantees to assist growth. This status is awarded to qualified companies undertaking value-added biotechnology and/or life sciences activities
BioNexus Bill of Guarantees
- Tax Exemption
- Freedom to source fund globally and bring in knowledge workers
- Access to shared laboratories and other related facilities
- Strong IP regime
- An exemption from tax on 100% statutory income
- Entitled to a concessionary tax rate of 20% on statutory income from qualifying activities for ten (10) years upon the expiry of the tax exemption period.
- Exemption of import duty and sales tax on imported raw materials/components and machinery and equipment.
- Double deduction on expenditure incurred for R&D.
- Double deduction on expenditure incurred for the promotion of exports.
- A company or an individual (that carry on business) investing in a BioNexus Status company is eligible for a tax deduction equivalent to the total investment made in seed capital or early stage financing.